Friday, February 4, 2011

Writer's Workshop

Living with horses is always an adventure. Whether you have to fix a fence, clean a stall, call a Vet, or just sit and laugh. They are big, adorable, loving animals, that can cheer you up on any given day, no matter how bad of a mood your in, or how lonely your feeling.

They can take a ho-hum day, and make it memorable.

Cisco on an Evening Graze

Imagine this if you can:

It's spring, still wet and muddy from our winter, and early spring showers. Horses are feeling good with the weather getting warmer. Cisco, our only gelding on the property, is a big boy, 16 hands tall! He is a Tennessee Walker, as are all of our horses.

I was making a round in the back yard on our lawnmower, when I saw Cisco come barreling down the hill. I just had to stop and watch, because I knew what was about to happen. Unable to stop in a normal fashion, he sat on his butt, front feet out in front of him, sliding closer to the creek!  I kept waiting for him  to start back paddling his front feet, looking for more traction.

The look on his face was absolutely a Kodak Moment, and me without my Kodak, wouldn't you know it! I laughed so hard and so loud, I heard my echo in the woods behind the house, where are horses roam. I got some funny looks from the rest of the herd, and it just made me laugh all the harder.

Mama's Losin' It

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Where's your camera when you need it?!? Thanks for stopping by my blog on the Old Back Porch...

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh..I would love to have horses--what a fun life you must have.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your nice comments!

Sam
The mom and dad reviews