Saturday, February 12, 2011

Crock Pot Recipes

I love to use my crock pot, specially when I have a lot to do, or just don't feel like standing over a stove at night. From Beef Stew, Venice, and one of my favorite things, chili! And with today being the Bud Shootout in Daytona, it was a perfect day to make it!



Our recipe for chili is pretty simple, as chili goes, and a bit different then what you might think too.

1 lb ground beef (the leaner the better, as far as I'm concerned)
3 cans kidney beans (one dark, 2 light)
1 packet chili seasoning mix
1 8 oz can tomato paste
1 pint jar diced tomatoes (a can of store bought if you don't can your own tomatoes)
Onion and green pepper to taste
1/2 TBL Cumins
1 TBL Cilantro

Brown ground beef, add all ingredients to crock pot, set on low, and let simmer about 4 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning. Serve with shredded cheese & crackers (we use multi-grain crackers)

IF you like a HOT chili, add a bit of jalapeño pepper to the mix. I was out of fresh onions and green peppers :(

Yields 6-8 servings

LEFTOVER OPTIONS:
Melt some Velveeta Cheese in the microwave, and add to the chili for your next Nascar Race Day!



2 comments:

Nichole said...

Love your blog! I found you while I was messing around on blog frog.
Look forward to reading your blog. Come visit my blog at http://www.barncreations.blogspot.com See whats going on in our neck of the woods.

Mamawj's Moment Away said...

oh that looks yummy, I'm putting on vegtable beef stew in mine today with a cornbread topping, look forward to seeing your post on recipes flow thru the email subscription