Sunday, July 11, 2010

Long Overdue Updates

I realize it has been a while since posting anything here, and it is time to get back on track. It took me so long for updating this site, because I have been busy working on Diamond M Sales.

A lot has been going on since my last post. From our fellow WAHM getting ill, and being admitted to the hospital, to our garden coming in at the ranch.

Denise Dobbs, a close friend and loyal Consultant has been in the hospital since June 17th. Tests have been run, biopsies on growths have been performed, and still all tests are coming up negative. Last word was that she was getting moved to a specialized hospital for closer evaluation. If you would like to leave a personal message for Denise, please visit her Get Well Site. And while your there, check out our fund raisers that we have going to help with her medical expenses and other bills.

Our blackberries picking has been keeping us really busy. So far, we have picked and sold 11 gallons of blackberries, not to mention what we have picked to make our jams and jellies with! Although, I will say, my first batch of jelly did not turn out right, so it is now a blackberry syrup, but still very awesome!

Our garden has been coming in as well. From tomatoes to green beans. My first batch of salsa is done, we have picked 3 lb's of green beans, and still more coming in every day! The cucumbers are awesome, and the first batch of pickles were done yesterday.


If your into saving money,, then I highly suggest you start a garden and learn to can. If I can do it,, anybody can. You just need to make sure you have the right supplies BEFORE you get started. Don't do like I did last year, and figure you can improvise,, it just does NOT work with canning. But, I truly enjoy it, and I love to see my goodies enjoyed!














If you are new canning, or gardening, or you just want to learn more, I highly recommend Jarden Home Brands 21400 Ball Blue Book for your journey. These canning directions are easy to follow, and will tell you exactly what you need to know. It's been a true life-saver for me!

Until Next time! We wish you a very safe week, enjoy your family, and stay safe in this summer heat! And please keep Denise Dobbs in your prayers. 


Happy Trails ~ 


No comments: